Friday, September 26, 2008

My Father

Let me preface this with: I love my father. 
And even though he plays owl calls on repeat on his computer really loudly until late at night, I love my father. And even though he bought a fake owl, glued bird feathers on it, put it on a giant rod and stuck it in our garden to lure in owls (duh) I love my father.
Today I came home from school and my mom informed me that "Greg caught a squirrel". This is not an odd statement (well it is but just not abnormal around here). Sometimes my dad likes to catch squirrels in a cage and take them and set them free somewhere else (Sauvie's Island anyone?) He justifies this by of course stating that they were not native to our neighborhood. So should I lock my dad up in a cage and ship him to Wisconsin? Or rather, part of him to Germany, part to Sweden, part to Scotland and whereever else our ancestors came from? To date I have saved 2 or 3 squirrels from this weird trap-y thing. I do not agree at all with what he is doing. I'm going to go get a few sticks and create a way for that squirrel to escape (hopefully without injuring me in the process). And although this is bizzare, its not unexpected. Its weird but its not rare. I love my dad.

No comments: