Wednesday, February 25, 2009

40 Day Facebook Fast

Facebook is addicting. Anyone who pretends it isn't obviously is not a student. Facebook is the ULTIMATE procrastination tool. There is so much to look at, update, add, read, type, think, talk about on facebook. You can connect in some way or shape with tons of your friends.

It wastes time. But it is also a good way to connect with people. 

BUT I spend way too much time on facebook.

So, this Lent season (okay I'm not Catholic or Christian however I view Lent as the prime opportunity) my friend and I are not going to go on facebook. We're giving up facebook for Lent. And Mackenzie is giving up TV (her ultimate distraction).

I hope this works out. I hope I have the will power to stay away from this social networking procrastination tool. Because, you see, I made a list of things I could be doing instead of going on facebook, or things I'd RATHER do than go on facebook. Turns out my room needs to be deeply cleaned, I could run/walk more, draw pictures, read books, do my laundry and do my homework INSTEAD of going on facebook.

Please please send good thoughts my way so that I can be strong and accomplish this goal. To anyone who isn't addicted to facebook this probably seems really really petty and stupid, however, seriously, it gets bad. It wastes time and I'm done with it. 

Jesus resisted temptation in the wilderness for 40 days and nights, and so can I (even though I bet Jesus was wayyyy stronger than me in terms of will power. Did I mention I'm not Christian? haha).

Whew. And now it begins. Wish me luck.

No comments: