Saturday, March 21, 2009

Mexico turns into Bend!

I was very disappointed when I found out that I wouldn't be able to go to Mexico for Spring Break to help build 3 houses for families in need. This is truly the trip of a lifetime, and after going on it three times, I know the effect it has on the Mexican families, my group, and me. It truly is amazing.

However, it is okay. There is obviously need locally, too. So, about half of us are now going to go to Bend to build for Habitat for Humanity. We will build a foundation for one house, and do finishing touches on another house and dedicate it to the family. Obviously since we're in the U.S. there are many more building codes and such that must be attended to and we can't just build a house start to finish in 4 days. But we can, and will, help out.

So I will be leaving tomorrow for this adventure. Everything about the trip will be different, except the aspect of helping others will still be there. I am glad that I can still do something worthwhile with my Spring Break, and I really to think that when one door closes a window opens? Ha, well cliches aside, I am very excited. I'll update you all (all 2, 3 of you) when I'm back.

Lots of love,
C

No comments: